If you’re considering a home renovation, or building a new home, or just wanting to upgrade your existing floor, Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) flooring is worth looking into. This stylish and durable option has become the go-to choice for many homeowners. From Australian inspired timber designs to modern stone looks, you can add an element of luxury that you will enjoy year after year.
What is Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring?
Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring, commonly referred to as LVP, mimics natural materials such as timber and stone. It is composed of multiple layers, including an interfaced backing, a printed layer with the desired design, and a protective wear layer.
Key components that make LVP flooring stand out:
- Realistic designs that closely resemble natural materials
- High durability due to the wear layer
- Easy installation process
Benefits of Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
Durability and Maintenance
LVP flooring is renowned for its high durability. The wear layer protects against scratches, dents, and stains, so it looks good for longer. What’s more, it requires minimal maintenance – regular sweeping and occasional mopping will keep it looking brand new.
Variety and Versatility
Whether your style is a bohemian haven or modern industrial, there’s an LVP flooring option for you. With a variety of designs, colours, and patterns, you can find the perfect match for your home decor. Its versatility extends beyond aesthetics – LVP is suitable for any room, including kitchens and laundries, where water resistance is essential.
Comfort and Performance
Another benefit of LVP flooring is the comfort it provides underfoot. It is softer and quieter compared to traditional timber or stone. Additionally, it can also be warmer to walk on making it ideal for those cold Wintery mornings.
LVP flooring gives the luxury aesthetics of timber or stone without the hefty price tag. Considering its durability and low maintenance, many homeowners find it to be an investment that offers long-term benefits and savings.
Installation Guide for Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
Before installing LVP flooring, the subfloor needs to be prepared. It should be clean, dry, and level. Also, leave the planks in the room where they will be installed for at least 48 hours so they can acclimatise.
Step-by-Step Installation Process
- Start by removing any existing flooring and ensure the subfloor is ready
- Plan the layout to minimise cuts and ensure an attractive appearance
- Install an underlayment if necessary
- Begin laying the planks from one side of the room, ensuring they are straight and secure
- Cut the planks as needed using a utility knife or a vinyl cutter
- Use a roller to ensure the planks are firmly attached to the subfloor
Once your LVP flooring is installed, you can maintain its look and quality by:
- Regularly sweeping or vacuuming to remove dust
- Cleaning spills as soon as you can
- Using furniture pads to prevent scratches
Luxury Vinyl Plank flooring offers a combination of durability, versatility, comfort, and cost-effectiveness, making it an excellent option for Australian homes.
Why not consider LVP from Armstrong Flooring for your next home improvement project?